We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather and Airport info?

UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Weather and Airport info?

We are flying to Desroches this weekend, has anyone got any good news regarding the weather? a friend has told me that the Seychelles have had an awful lot of rain recently,

Also we are flying into Mahe with Emirates in Business Class, will we be able to use the Emirates lounge facilities on arrival? we have a very long wait for the connecting flight to Desroches Island and it would be nice to have somewhere comfortable to wait. What is Mahe airport like? are there shops and restaurants?

Any info would be great,Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Stratford-Upon-Avon
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather and Airport info?

You'd have to check with Emirates but as the lounge is in the international departure hall, i dont think you will be able to use it while you wait for your internal flight.

The airport is very small by western standards, there is a small restaurant and no shops, other than in the international departure lounge.

Depends on how much time you have, but if its only a couple of hours maybe just get a taxi up to The Wharf or one of the waterfront restaurants on Eden Island and grab some breakfast.

UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather and Airport info?

Thankyou for the information, unfortunately i have about 5 hours to wait for my flight!! (2 hours i could cope with but 5 I am dreading !!!!) I wish it was more like the maldives where they whisk you off on a sea plane immediately.

Stratford-Upon-Avon
Level Contributor
260 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather and Airport info?

By the time you are through passport control and baggage claim that will take 45mins, maybe an hour if you are one of the last off the plane. Then go drop your bags at the left luggage, catch a taxi and go and relax somewhere and have breakfast for a couple of hours, then report back to the domestic terminal an hour before - time will fly.

We did the same (Emirates > Mahe then onto Desroches) in June and it felt like we only sat down for an hour before heading back to the airport.

Enjoy Desroches, its stunning, we loved it.

Great to explore the island too, go for a ride to the southern tip of the island, the view is incredible.

UK
Level Contributor
282 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather and Airport info?

Many thanks for the advice, any tips on a good place to head in a taxi for breakfast? we havent been to the Seychelles before so any information would be very useful.

Reply to: Weather and Airport info?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Desroches Island
More Desroches Island Topics