We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

belgium
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

I ve read somewhere that you need to pay 10 euro of hefty to entry this lovely beach ( you can visit the vanilla plantation, giant tortoises etc..) BUT i just want to stay on this beach and snorkel ...

Can somebody help my out ? is tis true or not?

Thanks.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

Yes it's true.

2. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2012, 13:12
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

Anse Source D'argent looks wonderful, but is no good for swimming or snorkelling because the water is only knee deep.

ld
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

I disagree, we had some great snorkelling along the reef at the very last bay you come too. It's true it's shallow, but you can snorkel and we saw some fabulous stuff including eels and turtles.

Bournemouth, UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

I seem to recall it's significantly less if you pay in rupees. Rs100 maybe.

london
Level Contributor
4 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

Not strictly true - there is an entrance fee - 10€ each if you pay in euros, but only 100 SR each if you use local currency - thats about half price. Is it worth it? Probably not, but then you are on holiday and it is interesting to see the vanilla estate, it is close to most hotels, thee is a passable restaurant on the beach and the beach is beautiful. It is certainly not the quietest beach - so if you want a day on your 'own' beach it's not the place for you.

UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

also disagree re snorkelling - we had some amazing snorkelling on Anse Source D'Argent - never very deep but with tide at right time its a good few feet. saw turtles, boxfish and lots of other nice things!

yes you have to pay but i thought it was worth it and yes pay in local currency it works out cheaper

England, United...
Level Contributor
877 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

I'm going to la digue for 3 months canyou buy a ticket for 3 months at a discount price ?

belgium
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

Hello ,

We returned just back from an AMZAING holiday ...

So we came on La digue and went to Anse source dargent , and if you go by bike , you need to pay the entrance , BUT...a 30 metres before te entree there is a helipad on the beach almost , so you just go down (1 meter ) and then you can walk along the beachside to anse source dargent( almost 150 meters walking )

Enjoy your holiday and take a good camera !!!! never seen such beaty ! i was emotinal about seeing it ...and still ...

We stayed in Casa de Leela B&B for 30 euro pp per nicht , wonderfull and very clean ! And soooo welcome , Lorna her husband came to pick us luggage up at the jetty !

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anse source d argent : PAYING entree ???

If you go when it is low tide you can avoid paying 100 Rs, for discount you should discuss with the Owner of the land that you pass before reaching the beach.

Get answers to your questions about La Digue Island