We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay for quiet?

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay for quiet?

Looking at spennding 8 nights total in the Seychelles.

We are looking celebrate our 20th anniversary with some quiet and relaxing surroundings. Should we just spend all 8 nights in La Digue? Or give a few nights to Praslin or Mahe?

Also, we are considering staying at Chalets D'Anse Reunion . Is this a good place for this? how far to the beaches? we wouldn't mind hiring bikes and going the the beach for the day, then back at night. Is this place in a quiet area?

Other recs?

Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

If you want totally relaxed surroundings and beautiful beaches, spend most of the time possible in La Digue. However, if this is your first time to Seychelles or if you don't plan to come back again, also try to spend 2-3 days in Praslin. Praslin has the next best beautiful beaches in Seychelles after those available in La Digue. I loved the Anse Georgette and Anse Lazio beaches in Praslin.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
498 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

Hello Bombadill!

when did you visit Seychelles?

I also love Anse Georgette but now from the pictures, because I am going to Seychelles in June. Can't wait for La Digue, Praslin and Mahe.

mahe, seychelles
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

HI,

If this is your first time you must try to split at least between Mahe and La Digue, with a visit to Praslin. There are some other options for on the Beach stay on La Digue, depends on your budget.

www.seychellesbayview.com

Addis Ababa...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

Yes, I am looking for relaxed setting with nice beaches, but want to be able to swim and snorkel as well.

Further research shows me that many of La Digue's beaches have strong currents and aren't suitable for swimming.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Middle of October is when we will be there.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

Anse Severe is the best beach for snorkeling and swimming on La Digue. During high tide also Anse Source d'Argent is very good for swimming while during low tide the lagoon can be compared with a pool for children.

You can also relax at Anse Cocos, the lagoon on the left side of the beach is my favourite spot for sunbathing and sleeping... after Anse Marron of course.

Petite Anse and Grand Anse have very strong currents comparable with Anse Georgette. Even on October when the winds are very calm the currents are very strong.

Coming back to your accommodation, Chalets Anse Reunion is a great place to stay, close to Anse Reunion beach (not one of the best on La Digue). I found La Diguoise and Etoile Labrine more intimate since they are not located close to La Passe - La Diguoise is 200 m away from the main road.

Miki

Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

uros,

I visited Seychelles end of Dec'13 to early Jan'14. Thankfully it wasn't raining much, but the skies were a bit grey sometimes.

I loved Anse Georgette more than Anse Lazio. But, I believe everyone has their own preferences.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
498 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

Thank you Bombadill!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
187 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

Hi

I went for my honeymoon to Seychelles. We spent 6 nights in seychelles. We spent 3 nights at Mahe and 3 nights Praslin.

Praslin is more quiet and serene. We went for a day trip to la digue. but that was not enough. The beaches are one of the best beaches in the world.

Mahe is more commercialized. I would suggest Praslin and La Digue

We stayed at coco da mer in Praslin . Was really awsome

Nairobi, Kenya
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

Hi All.

Any suggestions on the best places in Mahe Island for honeymooners?

Thanks.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,928 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to stay for quiet?

Honeymooners should not miss the beaches from south-western Mahe (Anse Takamaka, Petite Anse, Anse a la Mouche), a sunset on Beau Vallon beach in front of Coral Strand Hotel or enjoying dinner at La Plage, a hike on Copolia, a snorkeling session at Port Launay, a Saturday morning at Victoria Market and The Wednesday Bazar on Beau Vallon.

Miki

Get answers to your questions about La Digue Island