We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

As, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

This is just an amazing national park at the right bank of the Zambezi river. We had a very professional guides Mark and his wife Jenni van Zuydam (shenga.expedition@gmail.com) from the Natureways company. The bush walk with these wonderful people as well canoeing safari and staying with them was quite of positive experience. Imagine, waking up at 5:30 at mighty Zambezi and having this wonderful sunray in your face. We had also a lion kill just about 250m from our tent and that was the outstanding moment to watch from 20m distance on foot! Mark is so experienced man that even the national photography photographer felt more comfortable being with us instead of onto his truck in order to take some shoots.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

I've been to Mana Pools twice, and loved it. I also did the three day canoe safari which was awesome.

Sussex
Destination Expert
for Mana Pools National Park, Marco Island
Level Contributor
925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

Really pleased to hear that you enjoyed Mana Pools - it really is a very special National Park.

Also good to hear you took advantage of the rare privileged afforded in this Park to walk. The only problem is, once you get the taste for viewing animals on foot, it is very difficult to go back to the constraints of a vehicle.

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
1,726 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

I think that depends on the National Park. It is safe to say that the two best National Parks for walking are: Mana Pools and South Luangwa in Zambia. Ruaha National Park is also gaining a good reputation thanks to Kichaka Expeditions as is Hwange national Park.

Sussex
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

The attraction of Mana for me is that you are able to walk without a guide.

I love the freedom of choice this affords - if I want to sit under a Natal Mahogany for 5 hours watching the wonders of Africa unfold I can - no pressure to return to camp for a meal, or if with other guests, to consider their interests.

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

Whyone, that was such a elegant posting! I'm going to look up some of your other postings for more words of wisdom...

~Lucky Chucky

Sussex
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
925 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

Thank you for your kind comment.

Should you be interested, this is a link to a trip report i put together of my trip to Mana last October:

safaritalk.net/topic/…

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

kremonis75. Sounds like you loved Mana. What other animals did you see whilst walking? Def agree with earlier comments re freedom of walking without guide. Spend the day how you choose.

Kariba, Zimbabwe
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

So glad you enjoyed your time with us kremonis75! We hope to see you back in Mana Pools soon!!!

9. Re: Manapools are the best experience me and my girfriend had

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2017, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Mana Pools National...