We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Biking around North Fork Vineyards

New York, New York
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Biking around North Fork Vineyards

I am taking a day trip out to North Fork next weekend (Memorial Day) and thought to rent bikes and ride to a few vineyards (Raphael, Pinday, Osprey's Dominion) and farmstands in the area. Any suggestions on bike rental shops as well as thoughts on the route, i.e,. will the ride be somewhat scenic, or just highway? Thanks.

Greenport, New York
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

Hi the Bike Stop rental shop in greenport is gone, but there is a man named Dan 212 380-1119 who rents bikes in Greenport. Otherwise you have to rent them on Shelter Island, which is really the best place to ride bikes out east. Wickhams is a great farmstand, and east of Greenport are Seps, the Lavender farm, and a new herb farm, all off Rt 25 in East Marion. The best places to ride are along the shore From Oregon Road, where Shinn winery is to the Horton Point Lighthouse. The Those back roads are great...your best bet is to ask the concierge at your B&B or Hotel now for help.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,194 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

Check out windingroadtours.com....they do day-long guided bike tours of the North Fork wine country, complete with lunch and tasting fees at the several wineries they stop at. Complete SAG support, van with snacks, etc. We used them 2 years ago and were quite pleased with our day of biking. I think you can also rent bikes through them, and they may even provide transport from NYC.

New York, New York
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

GReat advice, thank you!

New York, New York
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

Have you heard of Country Time Cycles in Mattituck?

Any good casual restaurants in the area?

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

Karena, The Bike shop in Mattituck is a very nice shop. I commend your courage on riding bikes around the North Fork on Memorial Day weekend. There are restaurants on the North Fork to please every palet, give me some idea what you want and I'll be glad to give you ideas

New York, New York
Level Contributor
199 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

Apparently, Country Time doesn't rent anymore. And neither does anyone else on the North Fork. Ugh.

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

Sorry Karenna, I asked around and what I here was the rentals were just not being brought back or were so damaged that it wasn't worth renting them.

I noticed one option that might interest you. The attached link is a 5 hour bike tour of the North Fork. I don't know if you would be interested in joining a group, or even if they would let you, but I noticed it and figured I would pass it on.

Good luck, and Enjoy!

http://www.gorideabike.com/winery%20tours.htm

GREENPORT, NY
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

Hi, I'm Dan the guy who rents bikes. Thanks for mentioning me. 212-380-1119.

9. Re: Biking around North Fork Vineyards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2009, 07:34
Get answers to your questions about Greenport