We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

R. Horse Ranch ~ Not single parent pricing friendly

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
78 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
R. Horse Ranch ~ Not single parent pricing friendly

Not sure if anyone even checks these forums, but just wanted to give a heads up. I was looking at a vacation at Rocking Horse Ranch for my son and I. I made the mistake of showing him the website before I realized their prices are based on double ADULT occupancy and priced accordingly. (I found out when I called to inquire, since they never responded to my email questions on rates).

As a result their price is so high (even in the room meant for 2), we could travel to Disney (stay, eat and play) or take a cruise for less, and yes we have..lol. They are certainly welcome to charge any price they want, it's their right. But in my opinion, for that price we could take a much more decadent vacation.

We have never stayed here, so I'm not submitting this as a review on their hotel/ranch. Only as a heads up to another parent who travels alone with their child(ren).

4 replies to this topic
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: R. Horse Ranch ~ Not single parent pricing friendly

Wendy-

Not sure of how the pricing is for this place, but have heard rave reviews:

http://www.ridinhy.com

HTH.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: R. Horse Ranch ~ Not single parent pricing friendly

My wife and I have found that there is a certien type of family places try to cater to. We went to a resort in Florida I noticed I was the only dad under 45 in the toddler area. I would call them directly and see.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
78 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: R. Horse Ranch ~ Not single parent pricing friendly

Oh you are WONDERFUL! Thanks so much! On the website at least prices are listed per person. I will look into it a bit more. Thanks so much for sharing the info!

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: R. Horse Ranch ~ Not single parent pricing friendly

No problem. I

Reply to: R. Horse Ranch ~ Not single parent pricing friendly
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Highland