We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with beach

England, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with beach

3 years ago we stayed at Ocean Beach Hotel in Bakau and loved it. Seems there are more hotels springing up since we went, can anyone recommend a hotel with a good beach near another village with some restaurant and shops, low key nightlife (no strip) that would compare or be better than Ocean Beach. We just fancy a different area, as we have done Bakau, for a change. Angie

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with beach

bump

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with beach

bump

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with beach

you could always look at the Sheraton,altho' AI you are in Brufut where there are bars/restaurants very close by.

I've never been to either so can't make a recommendation.

Torfaen
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with beach

Hi Angie

Ocean Bay is a good standard hotel, and I think the only hotels that compare are the Kairaba (on the strip) or the Coco Ocean (at Bijolo) or Sheraton (Brufut)

The last 2 will be more expensive than the Ocean Bay though.

Slightly downgrading, I would suggest Kombo Beach. Always gets decent reviews and is on the beach. you can walk either way towards the strip or Bakau from there.

Rgds

Haydn

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with beach

btw there are a couple of hotels in Sanyang but I can only find the name of one-Jungle Beach Resort Sanyang-looks very nice but think it could be pricey?

6. Re: Hotel with beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Bakau
Recent Conversations