We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Rima Kotu

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Palma Rima Kotu

This Hotel advertises as good value the bungalows are alright but the single rooms in the main building are dark dingy and smell of smoking. Pool is great and the staff are lovely. Beware of some large hidden costs £70 to hire a fan and £70 for a fridge for two weeks. Food is pretty grim too and very expensive 195 dalasi for a sandwich!! around £5 english Managment are booking people into the main building in the hope they will want to upgrade I paid out £183.70 of extras. I found the manager extremely unhelpful it took me two hours and a lot of hassle to secure an upgrade, having done so I then found that the lock on my room would not close. I most certainly would not stay there again.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma Rima Kotu

this hotel never been good but seems to be getting worse, the best part about it is the massive swimming pool, but who needs that when the beach and ocean are fantastic

Exeter Devon
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma Rima Kotu

Thanks for your reply you are right about the pool but as you say with the beach so close it is not the most important thing. To be honest the management is not Gambian and seems intent on just making as much money as possible in any way they can. To make matters worse it is going out of Gambia not being reinvested in the infrastructure.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma Rima Kotu

for a basic hotel we use either holiday beach club or sarges both suit our needs, we upgrade room before we go

4. Re: Palma Rima Kotu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations
More Kotu Topics