We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach bars in kotu

Which Kotu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
stockport
Level Contributor
303 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
beach bars in kotu

i will be visiting kotu in 3 weeks and would be grateful on info on the beach bars other than kunta kintes as i all ready know this one i think they are called sailors and paradise i like a good domada and as least hassle as possible thanks in advance

Southampton
Level Contributor
659 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach bars in kotu

I see John Raymonds and Kotu Point beach bars on the map...

Not been to either I'm afraid...

J

uk
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: beach bars in kotu

go up the beach towards kolil there is kotu point and few others there

and your left alone

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach bars in kotu

Yes I was going to mention Kotu Point Beach Bar as well...only really use that one and Kunta Kintes up Kotu end.

London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beach bars in kotu

why dont you try seaview beach bar . its next to the senegambia. for food you could eat the local food. just behind the beach bar there is a gambian lady with local rice and fish stew. its 15 dalasi a plate. she comes everyday around 1.30pm in the afternoon. i would say its usually sold out by 2.30 pm. so be quick . i used to eat this food everyday its delicious..

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beach bars in kotu

Can recommend Kotu POint Beach bar, no hassle at all and good food. Mattresses and sun beds dont fall apart either :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beach bars in kotu

yes i forgot about kotu point , the beds there are very comfy, and apart from the fruit ladies . you dont get any hassle.

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach bars in kotu

tried seaview didnt like it and would not go back, just my opinion

staffordshire
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: beach bars in kotu

Kotu point is the best! We have been there every year for the last 7 years or so since meeting our Gambian friend there who made our first visit to the country so great. He now manages a small motel in Gunjar and has done well for himself but we still always head back there together - its a really special place with lovely people. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach bars in kotu

not tried that one, where abouts is it please?

staffordshire
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach bars in kotu

we first found it when staying at sunset beach. If you turn left as you come out the hotel on the beach and keep on walking past all th other bars. It is right on the point . There is a big sign saying Kotu Point on the beach. you cant miss it! Its between Sunset beach and the strip really. Someone else may be able to give better directions - im useless !

Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations
More Kotu Topics