We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in march

birmingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
weather in march

going next march 10th will it be hot and is there plenty to do near the resort.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
5,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in march

Hi Dougal,

Welcome to the Gambian Forums..!!

Yes and Yes,

You haven't said which Resort and where you are Staying..??

Rich....

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in march

Rich don't forget it was very chilly on a night for a couple of weeks this march, would have been frozen without a light fleece some nights. It was unusual but it's the 2nd time I have experienced it, luckily was prepared. Many people were heading home early on a night as obviously cold. Sat in jewel and watched quite a few trotting back to senegambia and kairaba (was it wrong to feel smug?) Days lovely and warm.

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
95 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in march

I will second that grannystick, the first week I was there it was pretty chilly in the evenings, the second week the evenings were warmer, also some days it was cool on the beach with the coastal wind from about 4 o'clock.

South Wales, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in march

We have been to the Gambia in March quite a few times and the days are lovely and warm, can get way over the 90s and not a cloud in the sky but you do need a cardy or jumper in the evenings as it can get quite windy and cool. After being in the sun in the daytime you tend to feel it more in the evenings. The wind seems to start up between 4.30 & 5 in the evenings. Apart from that its a fab place to go - so enjoy !!

birmingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in march

staying at the bakotu hotel is there many things to do thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in march

yes yes yes , take fleece or jersey long sleeved top, Its luck about evenings some hot humid others a chilly colder in the breeze of an evening,I have needed a blanket a la Grannies experiences, other evenings a fan going all night ,enjoy the hot cool chilly lovely country and please get out n about :-)

Edited: 10 June 2011, 20:36
Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in march

Ha!! Well then you should come in June. Beautiful beautiful weather. Lovely warm evenings, now and again a drop of rain in the early mornings

scotland
Level Contributor
5,761 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in march

ah just like the north of this sunny isle then :-)

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in march

We are also going to Bakotu Hotel 2nd March, really looking forward to it & avidly reading this forum!

London, United...
Level Contributor
311 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: weather in march

We stayed at Senegambia in March this year. The weather was great and i agree the evening can get chilly.

Hopefully it will be just as good in November when we return

Julie

Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations
More Kotu Topics