We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do

Which Kotu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
things to do

going to the bakotu hotel on march 10th do u stay on resort or are there things to do in the area thanks

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,511 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do

if you are asking do you stay in hotel, then the answer is no, lots to do and see, read this forum and get yourself out and about, really safe, enjoy

England, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do

definitely do not stay in and around the hotel. as above post says get out and about and explore, you'll be so glad you did!

i found lots to do and loved it, read my blog for ideas if you like...

http://jonnybrand.blogspot.com/p/gambia.html

England, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do

oh and listen to any advice from sunny21_7 she knows everything worth knowing and knows what shes talking about :-)

lincoln
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do

you dont have to do anything in the gambia IT ALL COMES TO YOU.

lincoln
Level Contributor
1,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do

Looks like ya got a fan sunny .

Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do

There are many things to do within walking distance. Fishing, golf, birdwatching, good beaches, Fajara War Cemetry, Serrekunda Market , Bijilo Monkey Park, Bakau Fishing Harbour. Lots and Lots!!

Northallerton
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do

Make sure you find the time to visit the Timeless restaraunt at Brusubi. Just get in a taxi and ask for turntable. You will soon find it from here. This restaraunt in my opinion is one of the best in The Gambia. The spaghetti bolognese is to die for. This place is of European standards but charges Gambian prices. Toilets immaculate restaraunt spotless.

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: things to do

I agree about Timeless, the meals are great. They dont sell alcohol but dont mind if you supply your own.

There is lots to do...Banjul Arch, numerous craft Markets, Bakut factory, Tanji Museum, Camel safari, Roots, Fajara War Cemetery, Monkey Park, Vulture feeding at Senegambia Hotel, you must visit Sanyang Beach...I could go on for hours...

Northallerton
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: things to do

Can buy julbrew from the Tangerina garage on the turntable 25 dalasi. Export is 26 dalasi.

England, United...
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: things to do

never heard of Timeless. will try and find it when i'm back soon

Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations
More Kotu Topics