We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quiet place with wifi for lone female

england
Level Contributor
5,325 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
quiet place with wifi for lone female

I think I've read that wifi at the Bakuto is expensive - so while one person is off birding where would be safe for a woman on her own to get a drink, a meal and some "free" net access? Is there anywhere to get this without being hassled or is it better to give in and go birding?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,476 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

Noooooooooo. You just have to be firm. Try Poco Loco beach bar. Oscars beach bar. I'm a lone female there for 4 months, seriously you just have to say 'leave me you are disturbing me' .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

Head to Neil's bar in Brufut, free, very good internet and they do snacks, great chip butties and cheese and onion toasties. l'm sure they do more there but we only went for reliable internet connection and snacks. No hassle sit in or outside, you can get a yellow cab to the turntable for 8 dalasi and then one down to Neil's another 8 dalasi or offer the yellow cab 50 dalasi to take you al the way there before you get out at the turntable.

BBQ chillis on the strip is another restaurant with very reliable internet but you are likely to be hassled on route to it and possibly whilst you're sitting there

Edited: 19 November 2013, 12:35
Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

wifi is expensive at Bakotu but I am sure that Dominoes beach bar has it for free-which is straight through the craft market opposite hotel,2 minute walk.

You can get a range of snacks & drinks there too.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 14:08
South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,413 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

Neil's Bar (Tranquil not Brufut. Brufut is over the road or am I being picky?) is on 4G so one of the fastest around. They offer a range of meals as well as snacks and "specials" from D150. As it is away from the main tourist area you will not be bothered at all.

Edited: 19 November 2013, 18:43
northwest
Level Contributor
436 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

Hi , I will also be looking to do this on a couple of days. My OH tends to go off birdwatching early morning, so I'll probably be in the hotel still (Palma Rima) , but a few tips where I may be able to spend some time alone with out being hassled would be very welcome.

I usually have to persuade him I'm OK before he'll leave me.

Bedlington, United...
Level Contributor
455 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

Yes go to dominoes, free wifi overlooking the beach and very cheap, not get too much hassle there. Enjoy.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

Seafront Residence is the perfect place for a lone female. My Grandmother has been living in the Gambia for the past 12 years and this is now her new place for a hassle free quiet place to relax in Bijilo. The hotel is located behind the Bijilo petrol station and in between Lemon creek and Golden Beach hotel.

For free Wi-fi, fantastic coffees imported from Brazil , Ethiopia and Columbia AND best of all...no 'bumsters' on sight or on their beaches.

8. Re: quiet place with wifi for lone female

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Kotu
Recent Conversations
More Kotu Topics