We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nosy Be with kid

Which Nosy Be hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nosy Be with kid

hi I'm looking at visiting Nosy Be as side trip Reunion with my 9 yr old.Just a couple of Questions:

I am assuming Nosy Be to Madagascar is like Bali is to Indonesia and is safe to take kids? Do i need to organise any innoculations for a short trip? We are going July if that makes a difference for mossies etc.

I was guessing about 4 days will be good enough for a short trip. ..not interested on sitting around on a beach. ..just see

the locals...lemur park etc.

I read as Australians we would just get visas at the airport arrivals from Reunion. ...how long for this few minutes...few hours??

Any good suggestion for a hotel which is not too far from the airport or activities?

Antananarivo
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nosy Be with kid

Hi, nosy Be is very very small and you can't compare to huge Bali.

It's safe to travel with kids, though

From the airport it's 30 minutes by car to cross to the other side of the island where most of the hotels are.

just look around on Tripadvisor for hotel suggestions. there are many with a lot of different prices.

Visa can be obtained upon arrival and it's free when staying less than 30 days. I never entered the country from Nosy be. it might take 30 minutes or so, depending on how many people are in line.

2. Re: Nosy Be with kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:17