We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for Campsites according to route.

Surat, India
Level Contributor
63 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Help for Campsites according to route.

Hello people.

Apology for one of most repeating question.

But i'm not using with routes and location.

I will be Drive to Damaraland area from Spitskoppe Campsite via following schedule.

Date 22 Aug reach Spitskoppe via Swakoopmund ( 1 night )

23 Morning Spitskoope to Damaraland ( 2 Night )

24 Damaraland

25th Aug Morning Drive from Damarland to OkauKuejo.

There is Few of campsite which i find on the way and even asked for availability too.

Like..

- Muwani Campsite ( 1 night availability )

- Khowarib ( yet to check )

- Brandberg Rest Camp ( yet to check )

- Camp Xaragu ( yet to check )

- Khowarib Lodge ( waiting for reply )

- palmwag lodge ( available for both night )

( suggest if i've underestimated any )

And few more.

But my point is. Where to locate myself for 2 night ( would't mind to stay at 2 place

if that make good sense of drive to cover further. Which are best area that will be

easily catch to anywhere or near by.. As further i wants to go Okaukuejo.

I wouldn't Mind to bit in remote if location and place is good enough to camping.

my needs are not high as I'm flexible person according to journey.

Also main part.

is that possible to reach till Cost route or explore via c35 ? ( Sorry if i'm talking senseless )

As i'm more into Landscapes and other photography apart of hardcore wildlife.

Thanks in advance.

denmark
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help for Campsites according to route.

Though I'm not a big fan of one night stay I have just been the way and will suggest::

1N Mowani - (close to twyfelfontein) will take you you 4-5 hours from Spitzkoppe. In the morning before departure, you can take the dessert elephant tour - recommended.

1N Palmwag or Hoada campsite - will take you at least 2-3 hours. From there you can enter Etosha at Anderson Gate - count on a full day drive so you have time to check out some of the waterholes.

Kirsten

2. Re: Help for Campsites according to route.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2016, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Damaraland
More Damaraland Topics