We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Luangwa itinerary

Level Contributor
68 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
South Luangwa itinerary

Hi,

we are planning to visit South Luangwa national park in september 2013. We have 16 nights to spend before we are going to mana pools at the end of our vacation. Can anyone familiar with that region comment on our preliminary itinerary, especially on the choice of camps/regions within the park.

Nsefu camp 4 nights

Kaingo 3 nights

Mwamba 2 nights

Tafika 3 nights

Mwaleshi 2 nights

Tafika 2 nights

Transfer to Mana Pools

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
41. Re: South Luangwa itinerary

Meant November in previous.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
Save Reply
42. Re: South Luangwa itinerary

No, I was looking for a camp open in late November. You suggested Zikomo. I followed that up by doing some research in the form of a price comparison and concluded that they didn't seem to be the cheapest option at that time, and indeed was one of the most expensive.

You made a suggestion and I followed it up with some research, including a price comparison. I don't consider that a "tangent unrelated".

I have not "knocked" Zikomo, only their pricing, and to be specific, their pricing at the time of year when I am looking at going.

london
Destination Expert
for Zambia, Selous Game Reserve, Ruaha National Park
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
Save Reply
43. Re: South Luangwa itinerary

Also, I'd like to point out that the Sales Director of Zikomo posted-

"To Clarify Our Rates as I do not know the source you gathered your information from".

I'd consider that somewhat of an invitation for me to explain exactly where I gathered my information from, which I did.

Maputo
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: South Luangwa itinerary

PLEASE dont drop Mwaleshi from your itinerary. It is very special, and I think Tafika also great, so sad to see you dropping days from that. You are right about Mana Pools. Sounds like a wonderful trip. Boa viagem.

45. Re: South Luangwa itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about South Luangwa National...