We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mfuwe Lodge - Elephants in camp in June?

San Juan Islands
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mfuwe Lodge - Elephants in camp in June?

Hi - We are planning our 2nd trip to Africa. The highlight of our first 45 day trip was Little Governor's Camp due to the fact that there were elephants in camp every day and hippos serenading us every night. I have seen pictures of the elephants coming into Mfuwe but is this seasonal? We will be there in June. Does anyone know what we can expect? Any recommendations of camps where the animals are up close and personal?

Thanks!!!

Mfuwe
Level Contributor
944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Mfuwe Lodge - Elephants in camp in June?

The small herd of elephants that you refer to at Mfuwe lodge reception in November/December is the same herd that is often seen the rest of the year at Flatdogs and Croc Valley Camp.

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
910 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Mfuwe Lodge - Elephants in camp in June?

I can tell you there were Ellies and hippos in camp ( I mean at the swimming pool and on the footpaths) at Flatdogs, right on the river near the Mfuwe gate every single day and night last July. This is not seasonal. Lions slept against our chalet. Troops of baboons and monkeys daily in camp and monkeys at the restaurant. You may be thinking of the ellies that come into the lodge in the later months for fruit trees.

Can't tell you about Mfuwe Lodge as I cannot afford it.

13. Re: Mfuwe Lodge - Elephants in camp in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about South Luangwa National...