We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxi from Queretaro to SMA ..I am confused

Which Queretaro City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
bozeman
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cost of taxi from Queretaro to SMA ..I am confused

I am seeing all sorts of different taxi fares (35usd to 70usd( . Can someone help by telling me a reasonable cost (I arrive in QRO in the evening) and whether I should arrange this before arrival (and if so, how) or simply get a taxi at the QRO airport.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of taxi from Queretaro to SMA ..I am confused

According to the other thread the taxi cost is 260 pesos. If you go to a SMA pick-up service called www.viajessanmiguel.com you can request a pick-up but when I did this it came to a whopping 85 USD! So it seems like a taxi is the way to go. There is a booth to your right as you exit customs clearly marked TAXIS so get your ticket there and hand it to the first taxi in line. It will be a fixed price and you don't need to pay the driver anything but a tip will be appreciated!

P.S. That 260 sounds really cheap to me because I believe from QRO bus station it is 390 but even so I am sure a taxi will work out much cheaper than a pick-up. Bear in mind that the driver may not know all the streets in SMA and might end up asking for directions - that is the only downside!

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of taxi from Queretaro to SMA ..I am confused

Following Steves' advice on my earlier post, I have a deal for 350 pesos from downtown Q to SMA, its seems reasonable. From the airport it will probably be a fixed price.

boston,ma.
Level Contributor
533 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of taxi from Queretaro to SMA ..I am confused

We recently paid $39 from the bus station. With 4 of us in the group it was worth it. I had a map of san miguel which came in handy as the driver was not familiar with the streets of san miguel and was about to take us to the wrong part of the town.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
6,018 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of taxi from Queretaro to SMA ..I am confused

Just to clarify. The taxi from Querétaro bus station to San Miguel de Allende is $390. And that's pesos.

But the PP is correct: always have instructions or a map, since Querétaro cabbies can't be expected to know their way around SM, especially its one-way streets!

5. Re: cost of taxi from Queretaro to SMA ..I am confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2010, 05:23
Get answers to your questions about Queretaro City