We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why are so many poeple coming to hudson

hudson
1 post
Save Topic
why are so many poeple coming to hudson

why is it that all of you people are coming to hudson when we don't have any thing in town except antique deallers all over the place i don't get it and we also have the hudson theater group

New York, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

Hudson has so much more than Antique dealers. To start with there is the beauitful 18th Century Architecture. Great restaurants, art galleries, and shopping outside of antiques. Plus it is a quick drive to Historical sites like Olana and Clermont. The Culinary Instute of America is a nice drive from Hudson as are the Berkshires and all of their attractions.

Mentioned in this post
Berkshires
Berkshires
Massachusetts
NYC
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

I was just surfing the web to look for a good place to live...Are there any American Indian Antique stores in Hudson?

Also: are there some cultural events? How would Hudson compare to Woodstock?

Thank you...Lauren..

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

Hi Lauren,

The city of Hudson has become quite the "mecca" as of late-much more than just antique shops & you may easily find american Indian related items there, Warren st. has quite an eclectic array of shops along the way,a very pleasant street I might add, i believe The City has become so popular a destination for weekenders & the like is due in part from the influx of "artsy" & trendy shop owners some of the shops are on par w/ Woodstock.

& you'll definitely find a wide array of cultural events in the Hudson Valley & surley Hudson too. & remember the Amtrack train station is @ the north end of town,mins. walk from Warren St.

log onto the Columbia county website for in depth info.

or I'd be happy to give ya additional info. I frequent Hudson but i live across the river on the Greene co. side 20 mins. away

joelrobin1964@aol

Good luck, Joel :-)

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
Hudson Valley
Hudson Valley
39 Reviews
New York
Columbia
Columbia
South Carolina
4. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2006, 14:18
Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

JameGumb, In regards to your posted question about Hudson,I see nobody's responded so ... Assuming your from N.Y.C. Hudson has a great main st.district quite a few ecletic restaurants everything from Mexican,organic,gourmet pizza to Italian & more lotsa great shops & such TSL warehouse offers independant film's, art & performances( search thier website) a few nice places to enjoy a drink or two. do a search for thier chamber of commerce to give more info.(i dont know it off hand) & good luck

Joel

Level Contributor
231 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

It's me once again --So here iz thier web site;

(columbiachamber-ny.com) Joel :-)

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

Wondeful trendy spots with some knowledgeable people:

Red Dot Restaurant (google it..."smart and trendy")

Ca'Mea ( camearestaurant.com)

Swoon Kitchenbar (swoonkitchenbar.com)

Mexican Radio (mexrad.com)

Baba Louie's (babalouiessourdoughpizzacompany.com)

Nola Cafe

Muddy Cup Coffee House

Also don't miss the boat that leaves the dock at 12 on ... not sure if it's both Sat and Sun...to cruise the Hudson and take in the fall scenery.

Don't know what is your price range but there are a few b&bs in the great mansions in Hudson which we have loved, the St. Charles Hotel, which gets mixed reviews but we enjoyed it overlooking the village green, and loft apts over the shops.

Mentioned in this post
Baba Louie's
Baba Louie's
436 Reviews
Great Barrington, MA
St. Charles Hotel
St. Charles Hotel
208 Reviews
Hudson, NY
Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

And Tanzy's in the 200 block of Warren. They need a site!

New York, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

There is a great Inn called the Union Street Guest House that we stayed out. Like a B&B but more private and beatifully done. Right off the main drag there. We walked to dinner.

New York, NY
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: why are so many poeple coming to hudson

We stayed AT the Union Street Guest House. Loved it!

Get answers to your questions about Hudson