We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaatskill Mountain Resort for "Spring Breakers"?

Westbury, New York
Level Contributor
97 posts
36 reviews
Kaatskill Mountain Resort for "Spring Breakers"?

I booked a room at Kaatskill Mountain Resort. When they took my reservation I left a credit card # as a deposit. They charged me on my credit card the first night's stay all ready. This is over six months away and not a holiday weekend. They also said they require an additional $300 placed on a major credit card that may be redeemed when we check out depending upon any damage done to the room. Excuse me!

My husband and I are in our 50's, have traveled extensively and have never experience this type of treatment before. I am concerned that we may have picked the wrong type of place. We are not "spring breakers" and resent being treated as such.

Central Florida...
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Kaatskill Mountain Resort for "Spring Breakers"?

My guess would be that whoever you talked to was winter help and only kne the winter rules. Hunter is a ski center so it is common for people to reservations then decide the weather is too bad and never show up. It is also common for a couple to rent a room for two and have 8 or 10 people actually stay there, so the hotels try and cover thenselves.

I haven't stayed in the Kaaterskill in years, but it was a nice place last time I was there. My favorite place up there is the Vienietian in Hensonville. Small, quiet and very clean with excellent restaurants near by.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Kaatskill Mountain Resort for "Spring Breakers"?

Another possibility is that your trip may fall on a weekend when they are having their festivals so it would be a high rental week. What are your exact dates? The KMC is not geared toward Spring Breakers & you actually have to be over 25 to check in. The majority of the people staying there are timeshare owners with families. It really is a nice place to stay.

3. Re: Kaatskill Mountain Resort for "Spring Breakers"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hunter