We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Love Ithaca

Which Ithaca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NYC area
1 post
Save Topic
I Love Ithaca

I found this board by accident. I just wanted to mention that I truly love this small city.

My 2 daughters attend Cornell U., and as a result I've had the privilege to get to know the surrounding environs. What a wonderful area. If it weren't as difficult (for me) to live in the cold, I'd move there in a flash.

I love the beauty of the area, the artristic, cultural, and community sense, and all the other glorious aspects of living in such an enlightened and lovely place.

Perhaps some day I'll be able to afford a place in Ithaca for the warmer months, and another place to spend the winters.

I have lived in the NYC area my entire life, and the lure of the small city is now very appealing to me. Someday.....

MSE

ithaca,NY
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I Love Ithaca

It's really NOT that cold here as compared to NYC. There is, after all, only a 4 hour driving time from there to here. Sure, you have bad days, but then so does NYC itself.

You are far from the only downstate person moving up here, as evidenced by the booming local real estate market. So you might as well make the move before you regret not making the move.