We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Which Ithaca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Driving from Westchester, NY to Ithaca/Cortalnd this weekend with 2 young children (5 and 1). Any place you recommend to eat for breakfast or lunch as we drive upstate?

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Are you taking I87/NY17? There are a couple of diners around the halfway point, Liberty has some, though I've never been to those, as does Roscoe, NY. I have been to the Roscoe Diner, very easy on/off to the expressway, the diner is... Fine. Perfectly adequate I would think with children.

And now I'm second guessing myself a wee bit, Roscoe may be a bit less than halfway.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
377 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

roscoe is considered the halfway point between new york and syracuse. problem is that once past roscoe it is a long way to another suitable diner. in roscoe, rather than the rather mundane diner, make a left into town and a left on the main street. part way down on the right is an intown diner/coffee shop which is pretty good.

the gas station in front of the diner has about the highest prices on 17.

New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Driving up on Route 17. I guess I will check out Roscoe or something else along the way.

staten island
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

I agree with going into the town of Roscoe instead of the diner. If they're all still there since the last time I was there, a few years ago, there's better options than the diner. It's very close to the exit off 17.

Irondequoit, New...
Level Contributor
631 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Unfortunately, every time I go through Roscoe the only thing open is the diner. Someday I may get a chance to try something else (but that's why I only mentioned the WFRD)...

staten island
Level Contributor
1,919 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

Mclee- I judge places by the quality of their bacon and I was not impressed with the diner. I don't remeber what I ate at Buffalo Zach's. I've had both brunch and a late lunch on separate occasions there and was pleased (I don't think I had bacon, though). I also thought Raimondo's food was good.

hshunter- Please let us know what you found.

7. Re: Westchester to Ithaca /Cortland drive this weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 16:19