We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hosting a gathering in Ithaca

Which Ithaca hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Superior, Colorado
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hosting a gathering in Ithaca

Our son starts school at Ithaca College in late August in a program that admits about 20 kids a year. Wanted to host a gathering of us parents who have already connected on Facebook as a support group. The house we’re staying at can accommodate about 10 of us (i.e., five cars), but I’m expecting this crowd to be approximately 20 - 30 people. This would be a simple affair: order a sandwich tray from Wegman’s, have an ice chest full of ice, then tell everyone to bring their drink of choice. A picnic bench in the park would be sufficient for this, though I know that consumption of alcohol on public grounds is frowned upon, and besides, I’m not a citizen of Ithaca thus assume I couldn’t reserve a spot. Hesitant to call a hotel to rent out a meeting room because of cost. Anyone have any suggestions?

Seneca Falls, New...
Level Contributor
216 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hosting a gathering in Ithaca

I'm not an expert on the Ithaca area, but you could try Stewart's Park, or Taughannock state park. I'm sure you can bring any of those things to Taughannock.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hosting a gathering in Ithaca

How about renting one of the pavilions at Taughannock Falls State Park? It's only 15 minutes from Ithaca and it's right on the lake. That way, weather won't be an issue.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hosting a gathering in Ithaca

Honestly I do not recommend Stewart Park. At all. I agree with flmillcreek above. Rent a pavilion at Taughannock, it's a beautiful park.

4. Re: Hosting a gathering in Ithaca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 05:15