We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rainy day activities

upstate new york
10 posts
Save Topic
rainy day activities

we will be in lake George this week Monday through Wednesday. It looks like it will rain. Unfortunately we can't change when we will be there. We are a group of 16 with nine children- ages 8-16. I would appreciate any ideas of things we might do on a rainy day.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,781 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rainy day activities

The tour boats will operate in the rain and they have an indoor section where you can stay dry. There are movies at exit 19 (not what you probably want to do on vacation but it is an option) Saratoga Race track will also run in the rain (not Tuesday though) and it too has covered areas. There are museums in the area too - Art, History, Horse, Dance, Automobile......and many more. There is indoor roller skating and laser tag in Queensbury - Fun Spot and Adventure Racing both on Rt 9 just south of Great Escape http://www.thefunspot.net/ http://www.gocartslakegeorge.com/

Mentioned in this post
Queensbury
Queensbury
New York
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rainy day activities

Excellent suggestions from ADK!

Don't worry the forecast may be wrong.

It hasn't rained so far today with a 70% chance of rain, so you never know!

I would add the Natural Stone Bridge and Caves, Aimee's Dinner and a Movie, and there is a new scenic train ride between North Creek and Saratoga. Also, there is a small indoor mini golf course at Aviation Mall, and the Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake is worth the trip. I hope the forecast is wrong, but there is plenty to do!

Mentioned in this post
Natural Stone Bridge and Caves
Natural Stone Bridge and...
303 Reviews
Pottersville, NY
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
Adirondack Diamond Point...
111 Reviews
Diamond Point, NY
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rainy day activities

The Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake is always a favorite of mine. My kids have always liked it too!

Mentioned in this post
Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
Adirondack Diamond Point...
111 Reviews
Diamond Point, NY
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rainy day activities

I thought of another option: day passes at the Great Escape Lodge. With that many kids, it might be cheaper to book a birthday party if you can.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
400 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rainy day activities

That is an excellent idea. I had not thought of that one.

upstate new york
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rainy day activities

thanks all for the great suggestions. we are on our way to Lake George!

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,781 Reviews
Lake George, NY
7. Re: rainy day activities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake George