We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
348 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions for a nice restaurant for our anniversary dinner. We will be in Lake George the week before Memorial Weekend. Hubby likes filet mignon, I love seafood. We like quiet places, outdoor seating is preferred but not a must, and quality needs to be good. Dinner + drinks for around $100 is fine. Based on what I've seen on TA, there doesn't seem to be a lot in Lake George itself that fits the bill. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We'd rather not have to drive far but would be willing to travel for something that's totally worth it for a special occasion.

9 replies to this topic
Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

While it is true that the LG is not full of real good high end restaurants there are a few around. Recently I went to Bistro LeRoux and I found it it be well worth it. My review tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g48016-d1828…

Others have liked Inn at Erlowest - I have not had dinner there so I cannot give a personal commentary on dinner there.

Saratoga offers plenty of more options and it is a short drive (less than 30 minutes from LG). There is Prime at Saratoga National and one that I like in Saratoga Springs is Jacob and Anthonys. tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g48562-d18…

There is one in Warrennsburg (Gristmill) that gets positive comments but I have not been there in years

I have also enjoyed Pumpernickels a German restaurant but not sure about the seafood

You will get more suggestions as well. Congratulations on your anniversary

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

My review of Pumpernickels tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g47339-d4097…

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

ADK gave you all excellent suggestions!

Two additions if you drive to Saratoga:

Sperry's and Chianti's.

They may be above your price range with drinks, though.

BTW, we had a really fantastic dinner at the Inn at Erlowest in LG.

Happy Anniversary!

Albany
Level Contributor
315 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Friends Lake Inn is also very good and a short drive from Lake George. It is in Chestertown about 25 minutes North West from LG. Its a very romantic place with a great wine selection.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Great suggestion, cab! I also wanted to suggest a dinner cruise on the Morgan from the Sagamore, but it doesn't look like it will be running yet.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
348 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I was getting nervous that I'd made a big mistake planning this trip, but now I feel better that I'll at least have a good selection of menus to show my fussy hubby :) Any more ideas, I'm all ears!

Westchester County
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

La Bella Vita at the Sagamore. Great outdoor seating. We happened to stumble upon this restaurant as it's hidden behind a bar off the lobby. The bar isn't part of La Bella Vita. You walk through this bar and then on the other half of the floor is the entrance to La Bella Vita. They do not guarantee outside seating when you make the reservation but if you go around 6:00, you should be okay. We did this last year and it was a fantastic dinner with a great view. Service was excellent too. Happy Anniversary!

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
348 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Thanks for all of the great suggestions. Sperry's was also suggested by a few people I know who are Saratoga regulars, so that's where we went. Unfortunately, it was a letdown. The food was great, but we had a bad experience with the atmosphere and the table...not what we were hoping for in an anniversary experience. I'll be doing a review soon. Thanks again for the recommendations. We will be sure to try some of the others the next time we are in the area!

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions

Oh, IceGurlie, I am so sorry that Sperry's was a disappointment!

I hope that it didn't ruin your night.

I will look for your review, with more specifics. How was the rest of your trip to Lake George?

Reply to: Anniversary Dinner Suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lake George