We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining at Montcalms

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Topic
Dining at Montcalms

My husband and I will be in LG second weekend of October - our anniversary. Thirty years ago we spent our honeymoon there and ate at Montcalms. Has any one been there recently or suggest any really nice places to eat.

Also, what about the outlet shopping? I heard there are not many stores there.

New York City
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining at Montcalms

We had dinner there on Saturday, Sept. 7, 2007. I reserved a table for five, for friends and I for the Adirondacks Nationals weekend Sept. 6-9, 2007. Ages 45 - 55+. It has a very elaborate and diversified menu! It's easy to get to; the location is great. Right near all the outlet stores (there are plenty!). The ambiance is almost solemn; and like old country, I guess. A more conservative and "serious" type of atmosphere, I thought. We had the Beef Tenderloin Bordelaise, Rack of Lamb, Prime Rib and fish dishes. All dishes were prepared beautifully and the service was excellent.

For shopping, we had a great time. Also, stop by Sutton's Market Place Country Store and cafe, Rt. 9 south, down the road in Queensbury for greeting cards, novelty & holiday decor shopping. It's a fun thing to do there, too!

There's the Log Jam; and George's too!! on the east side of the lake (crowded and kinda noisy, but FUN).

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!! Let me know how you made out.

(jb9707)

Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining at Montcalms

Thanks for the info and your best wishes. I sure will let you know how we made out.

Thanks again.

Chris

pine bush ny
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining at Montcalms

I suggest the sicilian pasta house on the main street. we have been there many times and the food and service is excellent. My wife loves the ziti with Pink Sauce. We went to Montcalm....found the place very unfriendly unless you are a regular. Happy anniversary.

montreal QC
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining at Montcalms

Try Brunetto's in Warrensburg-nice and quiet-great food-about 10 minutes from lake George

5. Re: Dining at Montcalms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Lake George