We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late check-in times - what to do?

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
643 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Late check-in times - what to do?

Most of the motels/hotels have late check-in times of 3pm/4pm. If you get there earlier like noon, what would you suggest to do? I'ld prefer not to miss the opportunity to use the hotel's outdoor pool or lake. Otherwise, I feel like most of the day is wasted.

Level Contributor
1,909 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late check-in times - what to do?

My family has been going up there for years and what we usually do is leave in the morning, get there for around noon and just go directly to Million Dollar Beach. It's a very nice beach and that way we get our relaxing in there if we can't use the pool right away. By the time we're done, it's perfect timing for check in. Another option is to go and take a cruise from the Steamboat Co. or play a round of mini-golf if you like!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,080 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late check-in times - what to do?

Boss Fan has some nice ideas -there is also a trip up Prospect Mountain. You can hike it or drive it and the views are great.

3. Re: Late check-in times - what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2010, 06:16