We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which park to picnic?

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nyc
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Which park to picnic?

Which place is better for a picnic on a sat afternoon arrival - Lake George Beach picnic area? Shepard Park? Usher Park? Battleground Park?

Level Contributor
1,908 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which park to picnic?

I would say either Battleground Park or Lake George Beach picnic area. Shepard Park is right in the middle of town on Canada Street, so I'm not sure if that's what you are looking for. I've actually never been to Usher Park - so that might still be a good option. Battleground Park has nice grassy areas where the kids could run around and play. Hope this helps somewhat..

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which park to picnic?

Rogers Memorial Park in Bolton offers a nice sandy beach - albeit small - but offers a very large grassy area to have a picnic. The views in Bolton from the beach are far better than in the Village of Lake George as well. If you have kids they will also like the swings and free tennis courts as well.

Level Contributor
1,908 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which park to picnic?

I agree with ADKtraveller...Bolton is such a quaint town to walk around also. Nice little shops, get an ice cream et. Less busy than LG village, and less tacky t-shirt shops.

4. Re: Which park to picnic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:22