We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake George Feb 12-15

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York,NY
4 posts
Save Topic
Lake George Feb 12-15

Hi,

I am thinking about going to lake george for the weekend . It would be my husband and myslef and my son who is turnign 3 on feb 13th. Looking for any advice on where to stay, what to do in the winter? Anything we should should not do etc.

Also anyone stay at the Comfort Inn Suites in lake George? I like that they have the indoor pool with slide but got some mixed reviews? Is it right in the village of Lake George? Woudl we have to drive to get to the village? Any feedback would be helpful as we have never been and are driving up from NYC

Thanks

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake George Feb 12-15

The Comfort Inn and Suites is actually in the middle of the outlet malls, not in the village. If you want to be in the village where the winter carnival activities are located there is the Fort William Henry Hotel and Conference Center (most centrally located), Holiday Inn (close but a long walk in the cold or a very short drive), Inn at Erlowest - (short drive and located in an old mansion)

The winter carnival has a lot of activities going on, including snowmobile rides, races to watch, dog sled rides, petting zoo among many other events. Many of these events take place on the frozen lake - so have ***WARM*** footwear.

For a complete list of things to do www.lakegeorgewintercarnival.com

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake George Feb 12-15

I forgot to mention the The Comfort Inn is a short drive to the action in the village - just a few minutes away.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake George Feb 12-15

If you stay a drive away from the village, and if you have a big budget, I would recommend the indoor waterpark at the Great Escape Lodge.

http://www.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com/

They have many geat activities for little ones.

If you don't have to go on the holiday weekend, there is a great deal through travelzoo for $149/night for select weekends through March.

If you want to stay close to the action, Fort William Henry is probably your best bet. Have fun and let us know how it goes!

New York,NY
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake George Feb 12-15

Thank you all for your help. I think we are going to go woth the Comfort Suites although not right in the village but I think the pool with teh slide will be a big hit with our 3 year old so we dont mind driving the couple of miles.

I will update when we get back

Westchester County
Level Contributor
645 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake George Feb 12-15

Even if you don't stay at the Great Escape hotel, they have day passes for the water slides. That would be a good option for you to stay warm! They also have a Johnny Rockets in the hotel which would be a good place to eat with a 3 year old. Bring a sled with you so you can go sleigh riding. When my kids were that little, we used to go sleigh riding at the park on Beach Road right across from the lake (Battlefield Park?). Enjoy!

6. Re: Lake George Feb 12-15

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2010, 05:17