We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teenager at Lake George

charlotte nc
Level Contributor
33 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Teenager at Lake George

A large group of us are going to Lake George in June for vacation. We are staying at the Great Escape Lodge. There is only 1 teenager (15) & 6 kids under 10 years old. The teenager does not like water parks or amusement parks, clearly this was a vacation geared towards the younger kids. Does anyone have any suggestions on things to do with this teenager? She does enjoy shopping but I don't want to head to a mall to see the same stores we have at home. Are there tours of the area or some quirky town with little shops we can visit? I'm trying to avoid 4 days of crabbiness. Thanks for anything you can suggest.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teenager at Lake George

There are outlet stores not too far from the GE Lodge. At least that is batter than a mall - not much better for me since shopping is not for me. I am not too sure how to define "quirky" but overall the shopping in and around Lake George/Glens Fails is rather typical. Broadway in Saratoga Springs may be the 'nicest' shopping.

So for other things to do. Boat cruises on the lake, boat rentals on the lake, para sailing, mini golf, horseback riding, art museum in Glens Falls, hiking in the mountains around the lake, an arcade in Lake George village, an extreme adventure course, a recreation of a French and Indian War fort in LG Village, a real Fort that played an integral role in the Revolutionary War (Fort Ticonderoga - one of my favorites), and various other museums. (For the record my kids, who are teens, enjoy all the items listed - other than shopping)

If she has any special interests, other than shopping, let us know and I am sure other ideas can come forward as well.

Level Contributor
1,914 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teenager at Lake George

There are some fun shops in Bolton Landing - it's a small town that is very quaint, but it won't take too long to get through it. I recommend it if you haven't been. There are a few fun house type of attractions if they like that on Canada St. Dr. Morbid's is one and the other is House of Frankenstein. Do they like outdoor adventure things like ziplines etc.? If so, there is a park with all that up in Bolton Landig as well (name escapes me but it might just be Outdoor Adventures or something like that). There is an admission and I think you have to make a reservation ahead - so you could look into that. Canada Street has lots of shops too and arcades. What about horseback riding? Lots of that there too. If they little ones enjoy it too you could go to Wild West Town (next to Magic Forest) and the little ones could go on pony rides while the older one takes either a 30 min or 1 hour horseback ride. They also do wagon rides for the whole family. Hope some of this helps.

3. Re: Teenager at Lake George

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 05:16