We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fort William Henry-Fun or too formal?

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
84 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Fort William Henry-Fun or too formal?

After reading many helpful reviews on TA, I just booked 3 nights in August at FWH for us and our 1.5 year old. But after navigating the resort's website, I'm beginning to think FWH seems more like a resort suited to couples or families with older children/teenagers. Maybe I have the wrong idea...

I would love to know impressions. Is there a playground or baby pool? Would love to know all opinions!

KC

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fort William Henry-Fun or too formal?

I have never stayed at FWH - but "formal" is not a word I would associate with any of the larger hotels in the Village - "formal" may apply to the Sagamore but even there kids are abundant. I am sure you will find the hotel quite nice for your needs.

Westchester County
Level Contributor
651 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fort William Henry-Fun or too formal?

I agree. FWH is perfect. There isn't anything formal in Lake George because they want families.

Level Contributor
1,914 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fort William Henry-Fun or too formal?

Lake George is very family friendly - no worries about being formal at the Fort William Henry. You are in a great spot - walking distance to many shops/restaurants/boating, etc. This is very helpful because August is a busy time and parking is really difficult in town. Enjoy your stay!

4. Re: Fort William Henry-Fun or too formal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Lake George