We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake George in July with Family

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ramsey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Lake George in July with Family

Hello! This will be our first time in the area and we don't know that much about it. Can you suggest some places to stay (for a family of 4) and things to do? We like outdoor activites and water parks. I read on another forum that there is a place with a zipline and also white water rafting.

Thanks for any advice offered!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake George in July with Family

Glad to try to help you out - have you looked at the "Top Questions about Lake George" to the right of the forum page? That has some areas to start.

In the meantime - In the area there is the Great Escape amusement park that also has a water park, there is a small water park also in Lake George Village, there are boat rentals, tour boats, fishing, horseback riding, hiking trails, museums and many things to do. There is white water rafting but by this time of year the "white water" is not too aggressive. The zip line place is http://www.adirondackextreme.com/home

But to really help a few more details are needed. what is your budget for hotels? Do you want a really nice place? a no frills place? is renting a house an option for you? Also how long will you be in the area? When will you be coming?

New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake George in July with Family

Yes, stay at the Holiday Inn Resort in Lake George. Call the hotel directly.

Michael is the general manager and he will be happy to make the reservation for you. I believe kids stay and eat free, up to a certain age at Holiday Inns.

They have dinner specials, an indoor and outdoor pool and a hot tub. There are acitvities right at the Holiday Inn Resort and the resort is within walking distance to the village.

The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

We have been staying there for almost almost 8 years now and visit a few times a year. We would not even think of staying anywhere else.

New York
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake George in July with Family

Yes, there are water parks and all sorts of water activities.

You can research them on the web.

You will just love it at Lake George.

Cruises on the Lake, rfting, water and amusement parks, outlet malls, lLake George Village, Glen Falls, Queensbury, ENJOY!

Westchester County
Level Contributor
643 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake George in July with Family

I'm not a big fan of staying in chain hotels while in Lake George. The "real" Lake George is made up of small hotels/cabins/motels that are family owned. If you go on the lakegeorge.com website, you will find a list there. Anything on Canada street is in the Village. The best one for location is Fort William Henry. They have an indoor and outdoor pool and is in the heart of everything. After you pick out some choices, write back.

nyc
Level Contributor
643 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake George in July with Family

I can also recommend the Holiday Inn. It gets great reviews and we were there last year and returning again in July.

New York
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake George in July with Family

Decide how close to the village you want to be-do you want high action, lots of people or do you prefer more solitude and quiet. Then check out vacationrentals.com for some decent choices in cabins/townhomes.

Ramsey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake George in July with Family

Hi! Thank you all for your postings. Our vacation plans have changed and our dates have changed to July 4 - July 10. We are looking for a cabin/cottage/motel that has either a kitchenette or at least a refrigerator. Trying to find something last minute has been tough. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? In the meantime I'll keep calling places. THanks again for all of your help!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake George in July with Family

Have you tried adkbyowner.com or www.lakegeorgeproperties.com?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,409 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake George in July with Family

" Hi! Thank you all for your postings. Our vacation plans have changed and our dates have changed to July 4 - July 10. We are looking for a cabin/cottage/motel that has either a kitchenette or at least a refrigerator. Trying to find something last minute has been tough. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? In the meantime I'll keep calling places. THanks again for all of your help! "

If you dont mind a 10 min ride to the Village try Kathy’s Lake George Cottages & Motel, back in the day friends owned the place and my kids practically grew up here. Full A Frame's, huge yard, pool.

http://www.kathysmotel.com/

Westchester County
Level Contributor
643 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake George in July with Family

That's a tough week but try The Mohican. They are closer to the outlets and about 10 minute ride to the Village. They have an indoor and outdoor pool, playground and rooms that range to typical motel rooms to condos. We've stayed there when my kids were younger. Indoor pool was a life saver when it rained and after dark. Having our own kitchen saved money too.