We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing from shore

Which Lake George hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
182 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing from shore

Greetings TA friends. My family and I will be heading to Lake George in August. We have two boys (10, 8). We're looking to do a fishing charter one day, but perhaps do some fishing from the shore also.

Are there any good spots to fish from shore? If so where?

Thanks much.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing from shore

I see people fish from shore at the pier in Bolton.

Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,259 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing from shore

There are fishing maps available at most bait shops in Lake George. Folks seem to have success fishing from shore, but beware that the shoreline can be shallow and rocky, leading to many frustrating snags! If you can find a ledge were the depth is good, or a pier or deep water dock, that will be your best bet. Also, there are many hungry sunfish who will go after your bait time and again. It's all part of the fun! Have a great trip, and please post some brag stories when you return.

3. Re: Fishing from shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 04:18