We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

Marlton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

Hi! MY bf and I are planning a fri-sun to lake george for the first time. We would like to hike/bike and walk around shops during the day.. just see the pretty fall foliage and some waterfalls and then go out to eat at night and hear some music..

Where would be the best place to stay to do this.. I know there are diff areas to stay.. and would be better off in oct or first weekend in nov?

Thank You!!!! You can email me directly if youd like..

jamiedibart@gmail.com

~Jamie

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

Can't help you with where to stay, but I can assure you that the leaves will be all gone by 1st weekend in Nov. In fact, they should be at peak color now, or within this week or so.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

http://www.adirondacks.com/fallreport.html

Link to a map/local info on exactly where the colors are peaking this season......

new york
Level Contributor
957 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

I was up around Oswego and Buffalo this past weekend... Most leaves are already passed Peak! I couldn't believe it. Strange autumn here in NY. I am just curious to know if it is because we had such a wet summer. The leaves in my area just fell off with turning much color, although I did notice that they have big black swatches on them... looks like a fungus of some kind... Good luck in the Lake George area.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
377 reviews
4. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

This weekend the weather is forecasted to be nice so if you could make it this weekend you would be better off. Otherwise the 14th would be better than the 1st. Your budget will dictate where to stay. If you can afford the Sagamore or one the of the B&Bs in the are I would suggest that. If not then a place in the Village may be best. .

Rosedale, New York
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

Check out this site to find a place to stay.. My boyfriend and I have stayed at a couple of nice places which we found on here..

http://www.lakegeorge.com/

We are going up for the first time in the fall season and have been asking alot of questions on this site too!! Good luck and have a great time! Your gonna love it!!

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
145 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

The 14th if not sooner. The leaves are changing fast. Good luck finding a place. I have always taken my family to Silver Bay of the Adirondacks. Great central spot to stay and play right on the northern part of the lake.

Boston
Level Contributor
24,479 posts
101 reviews
7. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

For a place in the village to stay I woulds suggest the Quality Inn, its in the village and close to all, very well priced also.

lakegeorge.com/business/…

If you want something on the higher end on the Lake then do look into The Lodges at CrestHaven, breathtaking views and a beautiful place to stay.

http://www.cresthavenlodges.com/

8. Re: Fall Foliage Oct 14th or Nov 4th??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 18:16