We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend of October 22nd

New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend of October 22nd

I may be up in the area this weekend. I have only been to Lake George in the summer in the past. Any suggestions on things to do for a couple of hours? Will shops/restaurants be open?

Mentioned in this post
Lake George
Lake George
1,776 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Westchester County
Level Contributor
652 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend of October 22nd

The shops and restaurants in the Village will most likely be closed for the season as their last weekend to be opened is normally Columbus Day weekend. Same thing for Bolton Landing. If you have kids, The Great Escape is having their Fright Fest every weekend in October. That's always a good time. I'm sure others on this site will have some suggestions for this time of year, especially where to see the best foliage.

Mentioned in this post
New York
Level Contributor
193 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend of October 22nd

Thank you for your response. If anyone else has any other ideas, please let me know.

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend of October 22nd

Unfortunately, BBallmom is correct, many places are closed. The good news is the weather is foretasted to be very nice this weekend. So there is plenty to do outside including some terrific hiking in the area. There is still some nice foliage to see around the lake. Some shops and restaurants in Bolton Landing are likely open with more limited hours

Mentioned in this post
Saratoga Springs...
Destination Expert
for Saratoga Springs
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weekend of October 22nd

I heard that Prospect Mountain will be open late this year (drive to top). Also, the North Creek/Saratoga railroad is very scenic. Gore Mountain's gondola should still be open. The LG Sreamboat Co is also still running. If you are without kids, go for a meal at th Erlowest. They usually have their outdoor fireplace overlooking the lake open in the fall.

Have fun and enjoy the lack of crowds and Mosquitos!

Mentioned in this post
Prospect Mountain
Prospect Mountain
966 Reviews
Lake George, NY
Boston
Level Contributor
24,639 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weekend of October 22nd

Their will be a limited amount of restaurants open and just outside the village a few miles heading towards Glens Falls you have about 60 factory store outlets to shop at.

6. Re: Weekend of October 22nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 17:18