We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mohican Motel with 2 young kids

NH
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic

We are planning on going to lake george with our two kids...ages 1 and 3. I like that this hotel has 2 pools...indoor and out and a playground and game room. My main concern is how far is it from the beach area? Would we have to drive and if so what is the parking situation like at the beach? We plan on doing a beach day maybe take the kids to one of the kiddie parks and my husband would like to visit one of the forts in the area. I also like the price of this hotel. I'd like to stay at a place for $150.00-$175.00 a night. Any other hotel suggestions would be great too! Thanks!

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mohican Motel with 2 young kids

That motel is near the outlets and is about 3 miles from the Lake George Village Beach. There is parking at the Million Dollar beach - not sure of the parking fee though. There is on street parking at Shepards Park Beach.

Fort William Henry - is next to the Lake George Village Beaches so that is about 3 miles away. The kids will enjoy that one. The far better Fort though, because of authenticity, is Fort Ticonderoga and it is about 35 miles away but is very much worth it. My kids enjoyed Fort Ti as well and actually preferred it over FWH. FWH does have more 'stuff' for kids though

Depending on your length of stay, but if you are staying a week you could quite likely rent a house for that price per night. Look at www.adkbyowner.com

Edited: 03 February 2012, 02:34
Boston
Level Contributor
24,514 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mohican Motel with 2 young kids

Not a place I would suggest if you want to be close to the village and close to the beach.

Westchester County
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mohican Motel with 2 young kids

The Mohican was my suggestion in your last post. We would go to Million Dollar Beach which has a large parking lot and we never had a problem parking. The parking fee is $6.00 but there is no admission to the beach. You can bring a cooler but there is also a snack bar. As for amusement parks, I would suggest The Magic Forest since your kids are too young for the Great Escape, which would be a waste of money. Magic Forest is geared more for young children. We liked the Mohican when the kids were little because of both the indoor and outdoor pool and the price was good as we were on a tighter budget at that time.

4. Re: Mohican Motel with 2 young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 February 2012, 03:05
5. Re: Mohican Motel with 2 young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2013, 10:18