We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

new jerwey
Level Contributor
181 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

Staying in lake george for 3 or 4 nights in July with my husband and 7 year old twins and in laws. Considering Lakeside or Marine Village but can't decide on which is best....any advise?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,586 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: where to stay

" what r your thoughts on the Georgian '

The Georgian is rated a top end hotel in the scheme of things that Lake George has to offer in the way of hotels/motels, I didn’t mention it because I thought it would be a bit pricey compared to the others. If price is not an issue its a great place to stay in the middle of all the action, the restaurants at the place can be pricey, so you might want to eat at other less expensive places in and around the village. .

new jerwey
Level Contributor
181 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: where to stay

I actually got prices with taxes for 5 nights in July (Tues-Sun) in standard rooms as follows:

Surfside $999

Georgian $1381

Marine Village $1404

As with everything money is always a consideration. So if you are familiar with all three places my main question is how do they compare in general (without considering the price differences). My second question is the Georgian or Marine Village worth the additional $400 for the 5 nights?

THANKS SO MUCH!

Boston
Level Contributor
24,586 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: where to stay

Im shocked that the Georgian is less expensive then Marine Village.

If I had to rate the three I would say..

Georgian and a very Close Marine Village.

Surfside would come in last BUT, dont overlook it especially if your price was for a new room down on the beach, under this circumstance I would probably save the $400 and spend it elsewhere. Surfside is very decent with the right room.

Pictures of Surfside beach rooms.

…photobucket.com/albums/…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: where to stay

Can anyone recommend which rooms are nicer to stay in at the Marine Village...some of the rooms were redone?

Boston
Level Contributor
24,586 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: where to stay

" Can anyone recommend which rooms are nicer to stay in at the Marine Village...some of the rooms were redone? '

They have different types of rooms, without breaking the bank poolside room 38-45 or 60-64 are decent. These rooms are also fairly close to the lake, you should have some view of the lake.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: where to stay

How about Holiday Inn at Lake George? They got a lot of amenities for kids and Kids Club, on-site restaurant, berakfast plan.

17. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Lake George