We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first timer to Lake George

Edison, New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
first timer to Lake George

hi ..i m paul i stay in newjersey {edison }i want to visit lake george with my wife and i have kid who is 1yrs old ..i dont have a car i would like to know can i travel lake george with out car ...... and how do i get there from NYC...which places are best for me and my family to visit and which hotel or motel is best so i can reach maximum attraction without car ...public transportation are ok like ..taxi /buses i. i may be visiting in late june 26 th to july 1 .can some body brief me the exactly what should i do ..thanks paul

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
381 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first timer to Lake George

The best way is to take AMTRAK from NYC to an upstate city - such as Albany, Saratoga or Fort Edward (Glens Falls). If you go to Albany or Saratoga you will need to rent a car to get to the Lake. If you go to Fort Edward you can get a taxi to get you to the lake. If you do the FE route (and not have a rental car) then I suggest staying in Lake George Village - that is where most of the attractions are and you can walk to everything that you will want to see. There is a trolley that can take you to some other points a bit further out, such as the outlet malls.

There are plenty of hotels in the Lake George Village area - I suggest taking a look at them for your budget and required amenities. Any hotel in the Village is close enough to walk to anything else in the Village

2. Re: first timer to Lake George

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Lake George