We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

Ambo, Ethiopia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

As a U.S. Citizen living in Ethiopia, I’d like to warn travelers about a local tour company called Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel, owned by Nahome Bekele. If you are considering using this tour company - or any tour company for that matter - first ask for a list of itemized expenses to see what you are really being charged for. Then, if you are paying in foreign currency, check the exchange rate and make sure it matches that date of the invoice. Lastly, if you book a flight through this company, confirm it directly with the airline.

My family, visiting from abroad, and I took a tour up north through this company several months ago and I’m still dealing with the problems that we encountered. There are plenty of other tour companies around that will give you a ferenji-priced trip, all with similar itineraries but vastly different prices.

Berlin, Germany
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

My family and me (from Germany) visited Ethiopia two years ago and chose Nahome Bekele/ Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel as our tour company. We had asked several different companies for suitable programs and in the end Nahome Bekele provided us with the best option: he put together several packages we could chose from and was extremely flexible concerning all our extra wishes. The program he came up with included everything we needed to know about the tour itself and the expenses - detailed enough, in fact, for us to see that as a local he organized flights and accomodation for us at a price that we would never have gotten otherwise. We were glad that we didn't have to care about flight confirmations, etc. - the organisation of the whole trip was very well done, no problems that we had to deal with, we could focus completely on enjoying beautiful Ethiopia. Nahome Bekele encouraged us to call him day and night if we had questions or problems - but as it turned out, he called us more often just to ask if everything went all right. Our trip with PETT was unique and we got to know Nahome Bekele and his company as very dedicated, friendly and trustworthy. Having travelled a lot, I have hardly seen anything like it. We will certainly travel with PETT again.

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

Nahome Bekele/ Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel organized a perfect trip for us covering all the places we wanted to visit in the northern area as well as in the South in a most efficient way (trip took us about 14 days). I used to work in Ethiopia for 2 years but only thorugh Nahome I really got to see the beauty and the culture of the country. We certainly couldn't have organized the tour ourself for that price and we really enjoyed Nahome accompanying us for some days (he knows a lot about the country, it's history and the different people in different areas). But even when not with us, he constantly kept in touch in case anything unforeseeable might happen and we were happy with accomondation, flights and rented cars without having to trouble to confirm or organize anything ourself. Overall Impression: If you need somebody to organize an individual trip for you to any place in Ethiopia in a very professional way for a good price, you want to check with Nahome Bekele from Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

I was in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in February 2012 and had only one weekend available to see the countryside. Nahome was highly recommended by a colleague who had known him from her travels to Ethiopia, and I was very impressed by his attentiveness and professionalism. He offered many different itineraries for different budgets, and we ended up spending a single unforgettable day visiting Jemma Gorge and Debre Libanos. Nahome had planned everything perfectly, from the photo op stops to the excellent meals. I learned so much about his country's history and culture that day, as well as his personal commitment to developing the tourism industry in Ethiopia so that others could appreciate its unique beauty. He obviously loves his country and takes great pride in showing it to its visitors.

Seattle, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel came highly recommended to my husband and I through US medical volunteers and we highly recommend it as well. We traveled to Lalibela and enjoyed the entire stay which was well planned and executed by Nahome's professional staff. Our tour guide, Yoseph, was informative and provided a fantastic experience. The itinerary was clear and we felt that all of our expectations were met. The trip we planned with Pleasure Ethiopia was at the end of our stay and it was also the highlight. We have high praise and compliments for Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel.

Ambo, Ethiopia
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

I have taken two wonderful trips with Pleasure Ethiopia! The first trip included Gondor, Lalibella and Axum, and I travelled again to Bahir Dar (Lake Tana and the Blue Nile Falls) and Gondor (Simien mountains)! The guides and drivers were excellent and the service fantastic!

I live and work in Ethiopia and I am fully aware of how stressful local travel can be. Most of the time when I travel I use local buses and they are hot, you sit like sardines in a mini bus and journeys can take forever! However, the two trips I have taken with Pleasure Ethiopia takes you away from all that - no hassles at any point of your journey - a driver and a knowledgable guide waiting at the airport, wonderful hotels with excellent food, and the excursions are planned to suit your personal requirements!

I noted the comments above regarding exchange rates - I have lived in many countries around the world and never ever paid an exchange rate other than that of the date of payment! Running a tour company is not easy, connections between flights, car hire, drivers, guides and hotels have to work together, but the two trips I have taken with Pleasure Ethiopia have run more than perfectly! I would recommend Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel to anyone interested in visiting this interesting and beautiful country!

Grebbestad, Sweden
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

A friend of me and I visited Ethiopia last year. We wanted to make a historic tour to Bahir Dar, Gondor, the Simien Mountains and Lalibela. We had been recommended Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel and I am very happy we contacted Nahome Bekele. I was very satisfied from the beginning to end. During the planning of the trip we got several options to choose between, and if we had extra wishes, he arranged that in a very professional way. There was no problem with the payment and the whole trip was very well arranged and carried out. There were excellent guides and drivers at the different places. They picked us up at the airport and took care of us all the time until we were back at the airport again. I can highly recommend Nahome Bekele and his staff and if I ever go to Ethiopia again I will contact this agency!

Portland, Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

I have used Nahome Bekele/ Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel for the last 4 years to arrange travel and tours for large groups of medical teams annually. I have been extremely impressed with Nahome's professionalism, trustworthiness, and dependability. The first time I met Nahome, he not only wowed our entire team with his knowledge and passion for history and culture, he also greeted us at the airport with traditional presents for everyone on the team upon our return from a very fulfilling 4-day tour. Since then, Nahome has helped more than 50 people on our Medical volunteer teams and I have only heard raving remarks about the his services. I will recommend him highly to all my friends, family and colleagues without hesitation.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

This is completely untrue and your desire to tarnish Mr. Bekele's reputation in rude and disgusting.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

I have had the immense pleasure to travel with Mr. Nahome A. Bekele for 2 months during which my university was selected to be part of a non traditional semester abroad to Axum, Ethiopia during Summer 2012. Mr. Bekele, orchestrated our entire stay and planned our various tours through Addis Ababa, Lalibela, Gondor, Bahir Dar and Axum. He remained with us for the duration of our trip and even organized an early departure for one of our students that took ill and had to return to the US early. He met us every day for our meals, arranged transportation, ensured our bills were accurate, provided us with extras when we were homesick and arranged social gatherings during our free time.

Along with this, Nahome has a plethora of knowledge in regards to the historical, religious and every day aspects of Ethiopia. He is the most gentle, caring and fantastic tour guide anyone can ask for. I am not biased, any of my classmates, professors and attendees will attest to his amazing acumen and work ethic. If you ever choose to tour Ethiopia for academic, professional or personal reasons I highly recommend Nahome Bekele and Pleasure Ethiopia Tours and Travels. You shan't be disappointed. It is a 5 Star Organization.

Addis Ababa...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Pleasure Ethiopia Tours & Travel

I am really sorry to hear this comment. Nahome Bekele, the owner and

managing director of Pleasure Ethiopia Tours and Travel is very nice,

helpful, honest, responsible and highly committed tourism professional.

I am the owner of Chapter Tour Operation (CTO) and president of Society of

Tour Operators in Addis Ababa (STOA)

I would like to inform all that Nahome is one of the best and responsible

board members for STOA and mostly invited and preferred by the Ethiopian Ministry

of Culture and Tourism for his professional assistant and continues

support for Ethiopia suitable tourism development.

I really recommend all to use his company's quality service in the future

and to be witness for my words.

Meraf Kebede/GM/ Chapter Tour Operation/CTO