We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gambia in April

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
86 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Gambia in April

Am thinking of going to Gambia (The Kairaba Hotel) for two weeks in mid to end of April. Can anybody tell me what the weather might be like and whether it will quiet or fairly busy at that time. Any negatives about going at that time.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gambia in April

Hi there

It'll be HOT! and after the school holidays should be fairly quiet.

I've been there 4 times and love it - i can also hook you up with a really reliable local guide who has been a family friend for years - go - you'll have a great time

Jools

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
4,540 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gambia in April

Hi Elwyndener

We found it really nice when we went at the end of April beginning of May time. It is quieter with not as many tourists as there are less flights from the UK. The beaches seemed to be very quiet too and some bars and eateries were closed. Most of the bumpsters had moved on so we weren't hassled by them, but they don't really bother us anyway!! Traders where desperate for any business so seemed more persistant than normal but they know that you cannot possibley help all of them so they do back off! We visited (over the last 6 years) nearly every month bar Christmas and always had a brilliant time!!

3. Re: Gambia in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 20:19
Get answers to your questions about Serekunda
Recent Conversations