We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency

Which Serekunda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincoln, England...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
currency

Please could someone inform me of the best currency to take. I have been told by my travel agent to take pound sterling and change it when I am out there. Also could someone please give me advice on the average cost of a meal and beer.

Regards

Julesx2

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: currency

Julian please take some time to read the forum posts. You will see 8 topics below this the cost of food and drink is covered complete with links to real menus.

Edited: 22 January 2014, 20:13
London, United...
Level Contributor
378 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency

Take sterling with u, julbrew (local beer) 25-40 dalasis , meal typical dish 150-300 dalasis all depends where u go

yorkshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: currency

hi Julian

have a few pound coins handy when you get to the airport you will be besieged by guys wanting to carry your cases to the coach or taxi then a pound coin for the coach driver

everything else pay in dalasi credit cards only in a emergency even settling your extras in the hotel pay in cash as there will be a high handling charge

straw bear

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: currency

Take sterling rather than travellers cheques as currently there are problems with changing cheques, and you get 8 or 9 dalasi less than for cash (64d/£ but around 55d for TC's). The ATM's only accept VISA so don't rely on any backed by Mastercard

scotland
Level Contributor
5,744 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: currency

For emergencies a visa card is excellent ,

Their will be a withdrawal fee for the ATMs.

Also the maximum withdrawal is 3000 dalasi each time .

That's around £46 pounds.

You can draw multiples of 3000 for so long as your card allows you .

Rgds Bruff

6. Re: currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:25
Get answers to your questions about Serekunda
Recent Conversations