We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bottled water sheraton

Which Serekunda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
bottled water sheraton

I am considering sheraton, can you tell me if the tap water is filtered so therefore salads are safe and teeth cleaning. Also is bottled water included in the a i package. Thanks

Ilminster, United...
Destination Expert
for Gambia
Level Contributor
5,809 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bottled water sheraton

Hi

The tap water isn't filtered but bottled water is supposed to be used for salads ice etc but its Gambia so I wouldn't hold your breath Bottled water is on the AI list for 12 hrs per day so grab enough when its on rgds

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bottled water sheraton

Hi Thanks does there appear to be a lot of tummy upsets at this hotel with the salads etc do you know ?

East Peckham...
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bottled water sheraton

Thats what you get for going AI.................

London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bottled water sheraton

You get one bottle of water a day in the room. I used it to brush my teeth as I wouldn't trust the tap water. I also steered clear of the salads as a precaution and therefore had no stomach problems.

Eton, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bottled water sheraton

The purity of the water supply in TG is one of its good points! Never made me ill. Poor understanding of hand hygiene is more likely the source of contaminaton, salad-wise.

But I'm not a person to buy bottled water. What a waste of money let alone the quite criminal waste of materials (and polution, esp in less developed countries) in making the millions of plastic bottles....

At least in TG they'll probably use the bottle again! lol

Kololi, Gambia
Level Contributor
1,160 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bottled water sheraton

I drink water from tap not been ill so far! Yes hand hygeine more likely to be a problem!

Brufut, Gambia
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bottled water sheraton

Agree. Never had a problem with the tap water here. Dont know whether Sheraton have their own bore hole or not. Bottled water always tastes really stale compared to borehole water

banjul
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: bottled water sheraton

Sheraton is next door to the largest water storage tank in Gambia although the water could be from a borehole. I agree with others hand washing and poor hygiene regimes in kitchens tend to be the problem rather than water.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
4,294 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: bottled water sheraton

Stephenghc:- If you have any large plastic bottles or know of a source contact Heledd on here. They cannot get enough for the Wullingkamma clinic where they use them to measure and keep rehydration drinks for patients.

The pureness of the water depends on the depth the borehole goes down and what the water passes through to get to the surface. Well water can be as little as 30 feet down but I would not drink it. My mate has three boreholes two of which are 20 meters down and the third is 30. When the 30m was being drilled they stopped every few meters and dropped the contents of the drill so you could see the earth or pebbles or sand etc. was passing through The water is as pure as you could get.

Bakau, Gambia
Level Contributor
3,319 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: bottled water sheraton

Drank nawec , borehole , and well water would not touch bottle water since being ripped off at SAMBAS ,D50 for the smallest bottle iv ever seen ,

Get answers to your questions about Serekunda
Recent Conversations