We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to visit?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Best time to visit?

Hey Now -

I'm looking to visit Lake Placid and just curious as to the best time to visit - would it be Winter or Summer? We do not ski...thanks in advance..

Adirondack, New York
Level Contributor
3,971 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to visit?

Any time except April and November. The area has much more to offer than skiing. If you enjoy hiking come in September and the first half of October. If you don't ski you can go snowboarding, x-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating. Besides, even if you don't ski or snowboard you can sign up for a lesson or two and learn to ski. You may surprise yourself. I did many years ago and then I taught downhill skiing. It is never too early or too late to learn.

2. Re: Best time to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Lake Placid