We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do?

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotia, New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to do?

My husband and I will be staying at Golden Arrow resort 10/24- 10/26/08. We are really looking forward to our getaway but it seems some of the attractions such as the gondola on Whiteface,the ski jump, and some other attractions are closed. Any suggestions of some nice activities/ attractions that will be open? Thanks!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do?

did you check to see if the bobsled run was running?

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do?

or...if the adirondack RR is running between Lake Placid and Saranac.

Scotia, New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do?

I believe the bobsled run closed last weekend along with the ski jump and gondola ride. Not sure about the railroad. We were hoping to go to Whiteface for the view. My husband called and was told it is closed for sightseeing. = (

LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do?

I think most of the Olympic Venues are going to be closed to get ready for winter season. Its down time here. However if it is a nice weekend you can always go for a hike still. We did get our first snowfall last night but the hiking trails shouldn't be too icy or anything just yet.

LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do?

Also High Falls Gorge is open until the October 26th according to their website. That is really nice. And it is out by Whiteface Mountain www.highfallsgorge.com

Scotia, New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do?

Thank you so much for the suggestions. High falls Gorge looks great! We might give that a try. Are shops and restaurants still open in the village?

LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do?

Yes. All the shops and restaurants are going to be open. Some may close early 5:00pm-7:00pm but will be open throughout the day! Enjoy lake Placid!

Scotia, New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do?

Awesome! At the very least we can walk around the village window shop and maybe do a little pub crawl.

LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do?

Yes def! You should go down to the Cottage Cafe and have a drink on their outdoor deck by the fireplace.

Scotia, New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do?

Oh that sounds nice! I just read the review. Sounds like our kind of place! I'll put it on the list.