We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Post New Year's weekend

Toronto
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Post New Year's weekend

Hi, all. We are looking to go to Lake Placid the weekend of January 2. We've never been there, but we understand that there is a bit of nightlife. Are there any cool music bars in or aound town? Is it likely to be pretty quiet given that it's the weekend right after New Year's Eve?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Mirror Lake
Bodies of Water
Olympic Ski Jump Complex
Arenas & Stadiums, Sports Complexes, Lookouts
Bobsled and Luge Complex
Arenas & Stadiums, Sports Complexes
Lake Placid Olympic Museum
Sports Complexes, Speciality Museums
LPNY
Level Contributor
60 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Post New Year's weekend

I think most hotels are still pretty full for the January 2nd weekend, b/c New Years day falls on a Thursday most people have a long weekend and are choosing to stay. So I think it will be somewhere in the middle of busy and quiet. I am not aware of any bands playing this weekend but sometimes Zig Zags has a band, T-Bar as a great drink menu and ambiance, The New Dancing Bear Lounge is great, The Cottage Cafe you can have drinks on their outdoor deck on the lake with a fireplace, and Roomers is one of the more popular nightclubs with DJ and dancing. We got a decent snow storm last night, another one on its way tonight and one expected on Friday so skiing should also be good this weekend! :o)

Toronto
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Post New Year's weekend

Thanks - - - I appreciate the feedback!

3. Re: Post New Year's weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Lake Placid