We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

Newtown, CT
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

I am having trouble deciding which hotel. Will be traveling to LP in August w/10 year old daughter. The indoor pool is a must and want a good location. Are these 2 comparable?? Any comments/thoughts appreciated!

Thanks.

jamesville ny
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

Sorry I can't give you first hand info but I suggest reading the reviews on the left side of the page.

Newtown, CT
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

I have read the reveiws and am looking for first hand information regarding location and general feel/experience, and/or if there is any significant difference between them. They are very comparable in price. Thx.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

Sorry, Posted that in the wrong place :)

Edited: 02 July 2010, 20:07
Key Colony Beach, Fl
Level Contributor
1 post
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

I can only tell you about the Crown Plaza as I have not stayed at the Golden Arrow. Their location in town is very much the same, except that the Golden Arrow is on the lake (Mirror Lake) and the Crown Plaza is across the street at the top of a hill. The Crown Plaza has an awesome pool that your daughter will enjoy, it also has some good restaurants on site and a great room with fireplace and lots of tables and chair. The rooms are very nice some with great views and some with fireplaces. I have stayed there twice and would not hesitate to stay there again. Hope this helps!

ottawa,ontario
Level Contributor
110 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

We are regulars to LP, and have stayed in many of the local hotels/motels. We are returning again next week to the Crowne Plaza, taking advantage of their golf-breakfast-lodging package. They own the Lake Placid Club Golf Course which we love.

It's an older property but over the years they have done lots of upgrades. They have a newer section called the Adirondack wing with larger suites. It's a nice property, however located on a steep hill, not everyone would enjoy the staircase to the hotel. So you may want to drive down to Main Street where parking can be a problem, and it gets expensive plugging up the central meters with quarters, or one dollar loonies and two dollar toonies if you have Canadian money ( nice gesture).

On the other hand The Golden Arrow is right on Mirror Lake and right in town, park your car in their lot or garage and walk along Main Street. It too is an old property, and although it has been many years since we stayed there, the rooms were pretty dated at that time. I am sure they too have been renovated since.

Hope this helps.

6. Re: Crowne Plaza or Golden Arrow??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 05:18