We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not a skier

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Not a skier

Have opportunity to take trip to lake placid as guest with friend however I do not ski or ice skate and really am not a person who looks cold weather i have been upstate and to Pocono mountains just not sure if it makes sense I will probably be bored and enjoy summer vacations much better

ohio
Level Contributor
127 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not a skier

You should go! Lake Placid is a wonderful little town with unique shops and dining. Beautiful scenery in every season. Winter is especially beautiful. Lots of Olympic history, visit the ice rink and there might be an ice show. Even if you sit in a cozy restaurant and enjoy a great lunch or dinner with a view of the lake, it's worth the trip. Take a short car ride to Whiteface Mountain. This trip for you is all about the scenery. It's everywhere you look and you don't have to freeze to see it! :)

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not a skier

Lake Placid is a beautiful, cozy little town. You're sure to find something that you like to do. I went during the Iron Man - i felt kid of the same.... I am not participating, etc. but I really enjoyed myself. Give it a chance!!

3. Re: Not a skier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:26