We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Placid with a dog

Which Lake Placid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watertown, New York
Level Contributor
45 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Placid with a dog

We have a small dog, a 4.5 lb morkie, and will be visiting Lake Placid for a long weekend at the end of the month. We've booked a pet-friendly hotel.

This is the first time we will have gone somewhere overnight with Lulu, and we are not sure what to do with her during the day. Living in Upstate NY this year, I'm not too worried that it will be too hot to leave her in the car for very short periods of time, say to eat in a restaurant (it's been so cold and cloudy all spring). We may take her on a hike around Mount Jo.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
194 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Placid with a dog

When I brought my Pappillion we got take out from Big Mountain Deli and ate on one of the benches by the pavillion right by Mirror lake. It is literally about a 2 minute walk from Big Mountain Deli and Panda was much happier than being stuck in a car.

There are several take out spots along that strip, but Big Mountain Deli is Classic.

Watertown, New York
Level Contributor
45 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Placid with a dog

Thank you!

3. Re: Lake Placid with a dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2015, 05:16