We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Absolutely no place for vegetarians

Lake placid
1 post
Save Topic
Absolutely no place for vegetarians

I get that a whole foods market is no where in the area, but the restaurants are beyond poor for veggie's. We come often , but rarely eat out because there is no place that will accommodate my life style choice. I find it hard to believe that I the only vegetarian who visits the area. Even the crepe house , which held I hopes for me , failed to over a fruit variety if breakfast crepe or basic veggie choice ... Nutritious smoothies are available but limited to the smoothie of the day ...no substitutions . No smoothie king , no heathy options in dining . If this is important to you when you travel , think twice before traveling to Lake Placid

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
16,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Absolutely no place for vegetarians

If you go often, why not go somewhere else?

Great Lake State
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Absolutely no place for vegetarians

Next time please try the Good Bite. It is a vegetarian restaurant right on the Main Street.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Absolutely no place for vegetarians

I find this hard to believe. I checked a couple of our regular spots -- Milano North and the Lake Placid Brewery -- and both had vegetarian options. In fact, the Lake Placid Brewery's onion soup is one of the few vegetarian onion soups I've ever seen (most are made with beef broth). The Adirondacks are not gastronomic heaven and we lack a lot of the ethnic food that gives some additional vegetarian variety-- but I think you will find more variety in Lake Placid than anywhere else in the region.

4. Re: Absolutely no place for vegetarians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2015, 05:15
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor