We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather umngazi

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
weather umngazi

we're thinking of going to umngazi river bungalows in end august.

what is the weather like then?

Is it beach weather?

What's the quickest way to get there from cape town?

thanks,

Lauren

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather umngazi

It is The eastern Cape, so it is still pretty cool at this time of year. The quickest way to get there would be the garden Route through the Transkei and I think you head off at Imthata or( Umtata as we know it) to Port St johns. www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather umngazi

thanks

we travelling with a 3months old and toddler so can't do a long rd trip. I heard flying to East london and driving up is better than durban down?

your thoughts?

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather umngazi

They are much of a muchness I think but since you are leaving from Ct then it makes more sense to fly to EL. www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
24 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather umngazi

Done the trip both ways, I prefer Durban down, which I did last week. Better and cheaper flights to Durban, and you can stay in Port Edward on way down.

Cape Town, South...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: weather umngazi

We have just come back from Umngazi, and the weather was great - about 27 degrees C every day. We swam in both the sea and the heated pool every day. You will love it, but book early. They are almost always fully booked. I'm sure the weather in August will be good. If you fly to East London break your journey at the Morgan's Bay Hotel. It is great, fabulous location, and child friendly. The route up through the Wild Coast is beautiful.

Enjoy it! It is parent heaven.

Edited: 24 May 2010, 09:35
6. Re: weather umngazi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Port St Johns