We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodations

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Topic
Accomodations

We are thinking of driving to Lily Dale at the end of June, looking for inexpensive yet nice place to stay. Any suggestions? Also thought of renting an RV but they are so expensive! Do people rent RV's at the campgrounds to stay in?

6 replies to this topic
Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodations

Lily Dale is located between Dunkirk and Jamestown so your best bet is check out the hotels on these forums. They are the usual hotels - Comfort Inn, Hampton Inn etc.

Do not know of any campgrounds in the area that rent RV's.

If you stay in Jamestown you can also check out the hometown of Lucille Ball. During the summer the have a Lucy Fest in Jamestown.

Another option is - and not sure how long you are planning on staying in the area - but you might consider renting a cottage on Chautauqua Lake.

Mayville is at the opposite end of Chautauqua Lake from Jamestown but is close to Lily Dale. They have a new hotel - The Chautauqua Suites and Mayville has alot of nice restaurants.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodations

thanks so much for the information

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodations

Great post. Thank you! We're planning a Girlfriends trip in July to that area. (Lily Dale for 2 nites and then we want to see Niagara Falls.....and more. Do you think Jamestown might be a good "base" location to then go to Niagara and other scenic, interesting areas? We like to shop in quaint towns (not into the high fashion scene now).....eat in small local cafes, have drinks in a local pub....that sort of thing. Any advise/recommendations would be appreciated!

Tami

Coppell, TX

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
938 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodations

Are you actually staying in Lily Dale for 2 nights?

Instead of Jamestown I would recommend you stay in Bemus Point. Jamestown is a bit run down and not alot going on. Bemus is in the middle of the lake. Mayville is at one end and Jamestown at the other.

http://www.bemuspt.com/

Its a small village on Chautauqua Lake and in the summer has alot of activity going on. If you were to stay there I would recommend the Len Hart Hotel. Its is an old hotel but has alot of character. The hotel has a large porch and lawn and is famous for their rocking chairs to watch the sunset and have an evening cocktail. Bemus also some nice boutiques to shop

The Italian Fisherman has a floating stage on the lake and has alot of entertainment during the summer.

If you want to shop, the Elmwood Village in Downtown Buffalo has alot of unique specialty shops and many nice little restaurants. From Buffalo to Niagara Falls is about 1/2 hour so.

Hope this helps

Joanne

Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodations

Tami- did you make it to Lily Dale? I live in Carrollton. My mom and I are planning a trip up there and wondering where to stay and how your trip went. Looking for insight? Any help you can give would be great!

Jenny

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodations

Jenny how was your trip any tips ?

Reply to: Accomodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lily Dale
Recent Conversations